Employer: Happy Children Nursery
Location: Liverpool, Wavertree
Hours: 25 hours per week
Employment Type: Part Time
Salary: £7.20 per hour
To teach through play the classically spoken Arabic Language (Fus-ha) incorporating it into the day to day running of the nursery, working alongside a team of dedicated staff in an Islamic oriented Nursery based in the Wavertree district of Liverpool.
Early Years Practitioners must be fully qualified with at least a minimum NVQ Level 2 in Childcare or the equivalent and willing to work with children between the ages of 1-5 years old.
Early Years Practitioner’s Duties will include:
- Implementing the nursery’s Arabic language programme which uses the classically spoken Arabic (Fus-ha) language in the form of songs, games and the like.
- Helping with the development of an Arabic language based play scheme for children.
- Taking instruction from your Unit Room Leader and being responsible for the smooth running and administration of your room in the absence of the Room Leader.
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regards to their religious beliefs, racial origins, disabilities and cultural background.
- Assisting the Unit Room Leader with the professional care and supervision of the children with regards to their spiritual, physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Planning and preparing activities to develop all aspects of the children’s individual development in a stimulating atmosphere.
- Ensuring that the preparation, care and maintenance of the nursery setting and equipment are carried out according to the Nursery’s Policies & Procedures and risk assessments.
- Ensuring developmental records and observations are kept up to date.
- Addressing parent and staff queries promptly.
- Attending regular staff training and monthly meetings.
- Helping to supervise children during outings, trips and functions.
- Positive management of children’s behaviour.
- Liaison with Parent/Carers and negotiation of working targets.
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
- Supervising Nursery Assistants, volunteers and students when requested.
- Being responsible for the upkeep of all toys in designated areas of the Nursery.
- Welcoming visitors and contractors to the Nursery and ensuring that security is maintained at all times.
- Providing feedback and sharing concerns with Unit Room Leader and colleagues regarding safeguarding.
- Any other duties as set down by the Unit Room Leader, Deputy and Nursery Manager.
Early Years Practitioners will also be expected to sit the weekly Micro Madrassa; an Islamic studies program based in Liverpool to help with their own personal development and understanding of Islam.
How to apply:
All Applicants can apply by filling in our Application form and sending it to the following address:
Happy Children Nursery
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. If you require more information please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0151 733 0333 / 07572545691