Employer: Happy Children Nursery
Location: Liverpool, Wavertree
Contract: Part Time
Hours: 25 hours a week
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: £18.000 (pro rata taken from full time position)
To work alongside a team of dedicated staff taking on key responsibilities in the day to day running of an Islamic orientated Nursery based in the Wavertree district of Liverpool.
The Early Years Teacher must be fully qualified either an EYP (Early Years Practitioner) Status, EYTS (Early Years Teacher Status) or a QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
Early Years Teacher’s Duties will include:
- To develop and supervise the implementation of the EYFS in the form of research, staff training, lesson planning for children’s next steps and more with a focus on children that receive Pupil’s Premium.
- Having high expectations for self, children and colleagues.
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regards to their religious beliefs, racial origins, disabilities and cultural background.
- Assisting the Manager with the professional care and supervision of the children with regards to their spiritual, physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Planning and preparing activities to develop all aspects of the children’s individual development in a stimulating atmosphere.
- Ensuring that the preparation, care and maintenance of the nursery setting and equipment are carried out according to the Nursery’s Policies & Procedures and risk assessments.
- Ensuring developmental records and observations are kept up to date.
- Addressing parent and staff queries promptly.
- Attending regular staff training and monthly meetings.
- Helping to supervise children during outings, trips and functions.
- Positive management of children’s behaviour.
- Liaison with Parent/Carers and negotiation of working targets.
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
- Supervising Nursery Assistants, volunteers and students when requested.
- Being responsible for the upkeep of all toys in designated areas of the Nursery.
- Welcoming visitors and contractors to the Nursery and ensuring that security is maintained at all times.
- Providing feedback and sharing concerns with Unit Room Leader and colleagues regarding safeguarding.
- Any other duties as set down by the Unit Room Leader, Deputy and Nursery Manager.
Early Years Practitioners will also be expected to sit the weekly Micro Madrassa; an Islamic studies program based in Liverpool to help with their own personal development and understanding of Islam.
How to apply:
All Applicants can apply by filling in our Application form and sending it to the following address:
Happy Children Nursery
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. If you require more information please e-mail: email@example.com or call 0151 733 0333 / 07572545691