Employer: Happy Children Nursery
Location: Wavertree, Liverpool
Hours: 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: £19 000
To work alongside the designated Manager in running an Islamic oriented nursery based in the Wavertree district of Liverpool.
The Deputy manager must be fully qualified with at least a minimum NVQ Level 3 in Early Years or the equivalent.
Nursery Deputy Manager’s Duties will include:
- Responsibility for the daily joint running and administration of the nursery
- Implementation of the EYFS
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regards to their cultural origins, gender, disabilities, linguistic background, racial heritage and faith.
- Supporting the Manager with effective staff recruitment.
- Supervision of staff and students
- Conducting regular staff assessments
- Recognising training needs as well as monitoring training and developing teamwork.
- Supervision of the planning and preparation of activities.
- To develop all aspects of the child’s individual development in a stimulating atmosphere.
- Ensuring developmental records and observations are kept.
- Ensuring that the preparation, care and maintenance of the nursery setting and equipment are carried out according to the Nursery’s Policies & Procedures and risk assessments.
- Liaison with parents and negotiation of working targets ensuring effective communication within the nursery.
- Supporting the Manager in fostering a strong team ethic within the setting based upon a strong Islamic Ethos
- Having responsibilities for Key Children.
The Deputy Manager will also be expected to attend the weekly Micro Madrassa an Islamic studies program based in Liverpool to help with their own personal development and understanding of Islam.
How to apply:
All applicants can apply by filling in our Application form which can be found on the link
and sending it to the following address:
Happy Children Nursery
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. If you require more information please e-mail: info@